Juicing allows for a fast absorption of nutrients and is an easy way to eat more fruits and vegetables. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fiber, this easy Green Juice is made with spinach and parsley, but feel free to substitute with whatever dark, leafy greens tickle your palate. If you need the juice to be a little sweeter, try adding an extra carrot or apple.
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 medium green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 large seedless English cucumber, chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, peeled, sliced and seeded
- 1 unpeeled carrot
- In a juicer, add the spinach and parsley and pulse to combine. Add the apple, cucumber, ginger, lemon and carrot and juice until smooth.
- Stir the juice and taste for tartness. Add another unpeeled carrot and pulse through for additional sweetness, if desired.
- 1 cup